The Independent Review Panel (IRP) has produced a series of recommendations relating to the Governance of table tennis in England in its interim report.
Members will now have a short period to consider these recommendations and are invited to respond to this first phase by Friday, May 18, before the final report is submitted to the annual conference on July 7.
Table Tennis England Chairman Sandra Deaton said: “We’re pleased to receive the interim report and I’d like to thank the IRP and all of our members and stakeholders who made contributions to the consultation which enabled production of the report.”
The Governance Review was launched last year to deliver on a commitment made ahead of an Extraordinary General Meeting, at which Company Members voted to approve governance reforms necessary for the sport to comply with the Government’s new Code for Sports Governance. The wider membership were invited to input into the consultation and this interim report is a result of this process.
The aim of the Review was to undertake a wide-ranging and thorough review into the governance and structures of Table Tennis England to achieve a modernised, professional, transparent organisation that balances the need for democracy and a volunteer workforce at its heart.
The IRP held meetings with National Council and the Regional Forum, as well as further discussions either face-to-face or over the phone with a number of individuals. There were also more than 500 responses to an online questionnaire.
Members are now invited to submit their comments on this stage of the report via the [email protected] email address by midnight on Friday, May 18. All emails will be forwarded onto the IRP.
Running parallel with this, members of Table Tennis England have the opportunity to attend a Governance Update Roadshow, which are being held across the country to provide more information about the consultation that has taken place and to share the proposed next steps.
At each roadshow a member of the IRP and a member of the Board will be present. They will also be used as an opportunity to provide an update on the delivery of the Be TT project and the work Table Tennis England is currently undertaking with Clubs and Leagues.
- South West – Saturday, June 2, Exeter Racecourse, Kennford, Exeter, EX6 7XS – 3.30pm – 4.30pm
- London – Thursday, June 14, Greenhouse Sports, 35 Cosway St, Marylebone, London, NW1 5NS 6.30pm – 9pm
- South East – Tuesday, June 19, Oakwood House, Oakwood Rd, Maidstone ME16 8AE – 7pm – 9pm
- North West, Lancashire – Tuesday, June 19, Hyndburn Leisure Centre, Henry St, Church, Lancashire, BB5 4EP – 6.30pm – 9pm
- North East, Yorkshire – Wednesday, June 20, Wetherby RUFC, Grange Park, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, LS22 5NB – 6.30pm – 9pm
- Midlands – Thursday, June 21, Draycott TTC, New St, Draycott, Derby DE72 3LZ – 6.30pm – 9pm
- Milton Keynes – Wednesday, June 27, Table Tennis England, Norfolk House, 88 Saxon Gate West, Milton Keynes, MK9 2DL – 6.30pm – 9pm
- East – Tuesday, June 26th, Dragonfly Hotel, Symonds Road, Bury St Edmunds IP32 7DZ – 6.30pm – 9pm
- North East, Durham – Tuesday, July 3rd, Durham Cricket Club, Riverside, Chester Le Street, Co Durham DH3 3QR – 6.30pm – 9pm
Agenda (with exception of conference in Exeter on 2nd June):
6.30pm-7pm – Arrivals with light refreshments
7pm-8pm – Governance update and Q&A
8pm-9pm – Be TT & Clubs and Leagues development update and Q&A
Exeter: Please note that the Exeter roadshow coincides with our Club and Volunteer Conference. A one hour Governance update and Q&A will take place at 3.30pm.
To book a place at one of the roadshows, please email [email protected] with the roadshow you wish to attend.