Between 2013 and 2017, Table Tennis England funded 159 new satellite clubs attracting more than 9,000 young people to their sessions.
This year our Satellite Club programme has got off to a great start. In 2017-18 Table Tennis England have funded 27 new satellite clubs attracting over 900 young people aged 11-25. Satellite clubs are a fantastic way for young people to play table tennis in their local area.
We have supported a variety of projects this year with varying focuses. Heaton Tennis and Squash Club have been successful in engaging over 100 young people in their two new satellite clubs.
Garstang Table Tennis Club have also seen high participation in their new session at Garstang Academy, with 92 participants attending in total.
The following clubs were also successful in their satellite club applications:
- Aireborough Table Tennis Club
- Archway Peterborough
- Birmingham Table Tennis Development Group
- Bolton Table Tennis Club
- Bristol Academy Table Tennis Club
- Chelmsford Table Tennis Club
- City of Stoke on Trent TTC
- Deighton Table Tennis Club
- Heckmondwike Table Tennis Club
- Nottingham Sycamore Table Tennis Academy
- Nuneaton TTL
- Our Lady’s Table Tennis Club
- Pontefract Squash Club Junior Table Tennis
- Table Tennis Rother
- Weymouth and District Table Tennis League
If your Club or League, would be interested in applying for our Satellite Club programme, applications for 2018 -19 will be opening in June. Clubs can apply for up to £850 in funding to get sessions started.