The first Leicestershire & Rutland School Games Super-Series Final of the 2013/14 programme served up a fantastic evening of Table Tennis at Knighton Park Table Tennis Club. The under 11 Super-Series Final saw eight Teams of Four take part in both an under 11 girls and boys competition. It was really good to see an equal number of girls’ teams as there was boys.
The girls’ final saw two City schools battling it out with Abbey Primary (East Leicester) claiming the first gold medal of the academic year! Second place went to St John’s Primary (West Leicester), with Swinford Primary (Blaby & Harborough) taking third.
The boys’ final was closely contested, with Burbage Juniors (Hinckley & Bosworth) just beating Manor High School (Oadby & Wigston) to take home the gold medal. Third place went to Church Langton (Blaby & Harborough).
The ‘Spirit of the Games’ was awarded to Woolden Hill Primary School (South Charnwood) in the girls’ tournament as they fully demonstrated the values in which the “School Games” represents – Determination, Honesty, Passion, Respect, Self-Belief and Teamwork. Whilst in the boys’ tournament there was a Leicester-shire & Rutland School Games first, with the winners of the tournament Burbage Juniors (Hinckley & Bosworth) also being awarded the ‘Spirit of the Games’ trophy!
• Winners ~ East Leicester (Abbey Primary School)
• 2nd Place ~ West Leicester (St John’s Primary School)
• 3rd Place ~ Blaby & Harborough (Swinford Primary School)
• 4th Place ~ South Charnwood (Woolden Hill)
• 5th Place ~ North West Leicestershire (Whitwick St Johns)
• 6th Place ~ North Charnwood (Shepshed High School)
• 7th Place ~ Hinckley & Bosworth (Townlands Primary School)
• 8th Place ~ Guest Team Blaby & Harborough (Church Langton Primary)
‘Spirit of the Games’ Winners ~ South Charnwood (Woolden Hill)
• Winners ~ Hinckley & Bosworth (Burbage Juniors)
• 2nd Place ~ Oadby & Wigston (Manor High School)
• 3rd Place ~ Blaby & Harborough (Church Langton Primary)
• 4th Place ~ North Charnwood (Loughborough CofE Primary School)
• = 5th Place ~ West Leicester (Marriott Primary School)
• = 5th Place ~ North West Leicestershire (Whitwick St Johns)
• 7th Place ~ East Leicester (Abbey Primary School)
• 8th Place ~ South Charnwood (Woolden Hill)
‘Spirit of the Games’ Winners ~ Hinckley & Bosworth (Burbage Juniors).
The Leicestershire & Rutland Sainsbury’s School Games is open to all young people aged 5-18 years, of all abilities and backgrounds in every school from across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland. Over the next two weeks we will also see the finals of the Under 16 and Under 19 events.