It is with much sadness that we announce Brian Halliday passed away today (January 20, 2015) of cancer, at Henley-on-Thames Hospice, aged 80 years.
Brian’s involvement with table tennis at a national and county level include the following:
Table Tennis England
- Vice-President in 2000.
- Vice-Chairman (Public Relations), 1995/96 to 2002/03.
- Public Relations Committee Chairman, 1995/96 to 2002/03.
- National Councillor (Berkshire), 1978 to 1996 and 2005/06 to 2009/10.
- National Councillor (Isle of Wight), 2010/11 and 2013/14 to 2014/15.
Berkshire County TTA
- Press Officer, 1978 to 1984.
- General Secretary, 1995/96.
Veterans English Table Tennis Society
- Honorary Life Member, 2003.
- Editor of the VETTS magazine for over a 100 issues.
- Mike Watts Memorial Trophy for services to the VETTS, 2010.
Kingfisher Table Tennis Club (Reading)
- Chairman, 1988/89 – 2008/09.
Please contact Rob Sinclair at [email protected] for more information and funeral arrangements.
January 20, 2015.