Female members of the table tennis family and others who are passionate about engaging women and girls in sport have just a few days left to register for conferences to help us plan a future strategy.
Following extremely positive feedback about the conference dates offered in Pontefract and Bristol, we have added an additional two dates for people to attend, one in London and one in Corby.
The sessions are as follows and can be booked at the bottom of this page:
North: Saturday October 20 at Ackworth School, Pontefract, Yorkshire, from 1.30-4.30pm.
South West: Thursday October 25 at SGS College, WISE campus, Bristol BS34 8LP, from 6-9pm.
Midlands: Saturday October 27 at Corby Smash TTC, from 12-3pm.
South East: Tuesday October 30 at Greenhouse Sports, from 6-9pm.
Next week is the final date by which to sign up for the events, so please sign up by Wednesday October 10 if you would like to attend.
As a Governing Body we are keen to close the gap between male and female participation, coaching and officiating and ensure a welcoming and engaging environment for women and girls across all areas of the sport.
The central aims of the Action Plan include:
- Promoting women in our sport who are inspirational role models for girls growing up in the sport.
- Providing clubs and leagues all the information and tools they need to ensure that the environment is welcoming and appealing for female players.
- Supporting female coaches who are already delivering table tennis and ensure barriers are removed for those wanting to take the first steps into becoming a coach.
- Establishing national partnerships to drive the publicity of the sport for women and girls and engage with new audiences.
- Developing programmes to support women at different stages of their lives, understanding that they will have different levels of motivation and availability depending on their life stage.