Do you know a club that has made a significant impact in your table tennis journey over the last 12 months? If so, why not nominate them for the Club of the Year Category in the Pride of Table Tennis Awards?
We are looking for clubs which provide their members with an amazing experience in the sport – clubs like Portishead TTC, our winners in 2019.
Portishead has made huge strides in its table tennis offering and continues to promote and grow the sport in its local area.
Among the club’s key achievements in the season were:
- A regular Monday evening coaching session at a local youth centre
- The creation of a regular after-school club at a local school
- The establishment of a 12-table regular club training night which attracts players from other clubs
- Seven members attending a Level 1 Coaching course
- Two teams entered in the 2018/2019 National Junior League and two teams in the Bristol Junior League
- Participation in the Table Tennis England Young Ambassadors scheme
- The establishment of a strong and well-run committee of volunteers.
On top of all this, the club provided the Bristol League with the most teams entered in both the Winter and Summer League competitions.
After the presentation ceremony at the National Conference in 2019, Derek Connop speaking on behalf of the club said: “All I can say is that we are immensely proud to have received this award. It is testament to the hard work we have put in over the last few years and we see this as the start of our journey and not the end and we are going to create amazing things for table tennis in our community for the future.”
So now the search is on for the successor to Portishead’s crown. This award recognises clubs which have made a significant impact or achievement over the past 12 months. This could be by having made a significant contribution to the community or delivered a successful project that has increased participation and/or volunteering.
If you know an inspirational Club which is worthy of a Pride of Table Tennis award, now is the time to nominate them!
Nominations close at 5pm on Friday 2nd October 2020.