The second round of the British league concluded on Saturday with some sensational table tennis being played.

Drumchapel continue to storm the league with another clean sweep against North Ayrshire, making their first appearance of the season.

Turn-out of supporters for both clubs was strong and although only two sets were dropped by the home club, the quality of play was high with some exciting rallies. Drumchapel’s He Zhi When claimed player of the match after winning both of his games comfortably in straight sets (11-6, 11-8, 11-4) and (11-2, 11-8, 11-8).

Fusion took the experience gained from their last match against Ormesby and put this into their match against Batts where they drew 4-4. The whole team were able to put scores on the board for the club with each player claiming a win.

Fusion will not feature in the next set of fixtures but will have their first home match of the season against Halton on Saturday November 5.

An unfortunate result for North Ayrshire on their first match day, losing 8-0 away at Drumchapel. There was some high quality table tennis from both sides but their opponents had the upper hand and proved why they will be strong contenders for the title.

This was the club’s debut premier league match and they are sure to have gained valuable experience to strengthen their side going into their next match which will be at home against Halton.

With a change in fortune, Cardiff City reversed their previous result to win 7-1 against Halton at another home game. Daniel O’Connell took home player of the match as a result of some exciting play against Halton’s Kenneth Lindsey and Joe Pilkington.

Halton’s weekend did not get off to a good start with a last minute pull-out from Tomasz Rzeszotko due to unforeseen circumstances. Ray Jackson took his place as the fourth player but unfortunately the late mix up to the team would have played a part in the 7-1 loss.

Richard Lightowler claimed the one win for Halton to take home when playing Ashley Robinson and did so in straight sets (11-8, 11-4, 13-11).

The first home match for Batts was a great success, attracting a great number of spectators and no one was disappointed by what they saw. It was a close match between the home club and Fusion from start to finish, ending in a 4-4 draw.

This result is slightly below what they experienced when playing Cardiff City a couple of weekends ago but a positive result none the less. The whole team put everything they had into each and every match with Ethan Walsh delighting the home crowd by clinching victory against Mohammed Emran Hussain in four sets (12-10, 7-11, 11-4, 11-9) to secure the draw for Batts.

The next round of matches will get under way on Saturday October 15.