Berkshire CSP are pleased to announce the new Get Berkshire Active Coach Bursary! Details can be found on their website following the link below:
The aim of the bursary is to increase the number of qualified coaches and raise coaching standards in Berkshire with a focus on participation in sport for those aged 16 and over.
The key elements of the bursary are:
– Applicants can apply for funding for up to 50% of the total course cost. Please note the bursary can only contribute to the cost of the course, additional expenses such as transport and accommodation will not be considered.
– Funding can be accessed for coaches to attend any coach development opportunities, including Level 1, 2, 3 & 4 NGB courses and CPD opportunities. Please note this funding is focused on coaches delivering to participants aged 16 and over.
– Applications for bursaries are welcomed in one of two windows:
Round 1 – 16th January – 29th February 2012
Round 2 – 1st June – 30th June 2012
– Each application will be assessed on an individual basis by the Get Berkshire Active coaching award panel against the eligibility criteria.
– Applications should include at least one supporting statement beyond that of the individual or club/organisation.
– Applicants will be informed within 4 weeks of the deadline as to whether their application has been successful. If your course will be starting before 4 weeks of the deadline please highlight this on the application form.
– Funding will only be awarded for courses that have not yet started so please consider this in your application.
– Funding will be paid upon completion of the course and released by submission of a certificate to Get Berkshire Active (or headed letter from the awarding body). Funding will be available for a period of 12 months after the completion of the course after which funding cannot be claimed.
– All coaches accessing funding will be required to report back to Get Berkshire Active on the impact of their coach education as detailed in the funding agreement signed upon receiving the bursary.
For enquiries or if you have any questions about the bursary please email [email protected].
Guidance notes- berkshire-csp-coach-bursary-guidance-notes1
Application form- berkshire-csp-coach-bursary-application